What is the Lexus Warranty?
Your new vehicle comes backed by a Lexus manufacturer warranty — but when you get out on the road in Delray Beach, what is the Lexus warranty going to cover? Your warranty covers the cost of OEM replacement parts, material and workmanship defects, powertrain repairs, roadside assistance, and more. You can also choose to add additional coverage, or add an extended warranty to your limited warranty for a longer coverage term.
When it comes to repairs, replacement parts, and other perks, how much does the Lexus warranty cover? Read our guide below to find out, and feel free to contact Lexus of Palm Beach if you have further questions!
What Does the Lexus Warranty Cover?
How long is the Lexus warranty? The answer will vary depending on the options you add to your coverage. Your standard Lexus manufacturer warranty includes the following:
- Basic Warranty – 48 months/50,000 miles
- Covers repairs and adjustments needed to correct defects in materials or workmanship of any part supplied by Lexus, subject to exceptions.
- Powertrain Warranty – 72 months/70,000 miles
- Covers repairs needed to fix defects in materials or workmanship of items like engine components, transmission and transaxle, front-wheel drive system, or rear-wheel drive system.
- Hybrid Warranty – 8 years/100,000 miles – 10 years/150,000 miles for 2020 and newer models
- Covers the Hybrid Battery Control Module, the Hybrid Control Module, and the Inverter with Converter
- Corrosion Perforation Warranty – 72 months, regardless of mileage
- Covers the repair or replacement of any original body panel that develops perforation from corrosion (rust-through), subject to exceptions.
- Parts Warranty – 12 months, regardless of mileage
- Covers genuine Lexus parts for 12 months from the date the part was installed, or for the remainder of the new vehicle warranty (whichever provides greater coverage).
- Covers any repair or replacement that becomes necessary because of a defect in the service part, subject to exceptions.
- Batteries are not covered under the Parts Warranty.
- Complimentary Maintenance – At 6 months/5,000 miles and 12 months/10,000 miles
- Covers the first and second scheduled maintenance visits after you purchase your new Lexus
- Lexus Roadside Assistance – 48 months, regardless of mileage
- Lexus roadside service is available 24 hours a day, 365 days of the year.
- Enhanced Roadside Assistance comes with the available Lexus Enform Safety Connect feature. It is complimentary for vehicles equipped with Lexus Safety Connect for 10 years on 2019 Lexus models and newer.
Additional Lexus Manufacturer Warranty Coverage
As a Lexus driver, you know that that dependability is the backbone of the brand. Fantastic reliability scores year after year prove the point: in 2019, Lexus received the J.D. Power and Associates Most Dependable Vehicle Award for the seventh consecutive year, and was ranked highest overall among luxury car brands.
What does the Lexus warranty cover if you opt for extended coverage — and is an extended warranty worth it? In fact, extended coverage is a great investment when you buy a from a highly reliable brand like Lexus. Read below for extended Lexus manufacturer warranty coverage details:
- Genuine Lexus Accessories Limited Warranty
- Covers accessories purchased at the time of the new vehicle purchase: 48 months/50,000 miles.
- Covers accessories purchased after the new vehicle purchase and installed by a certified Lexus dealership service center: 12 months from the date of installation or for the remainder of the new vehicle warranty (whichever provides greater coverage).
- GAP (Guaranteed Asset Protection) Insurance — Covers the balance of a loan after depreciation, in the event of a total loss on your newly purchased Lexus (fire, theft, major accident).
- Lexus Extended Warranty Vehicle Service Agreements — Replacement and repair coverage for most Lexus parts and electronic components after your original limited manufacturer warranty expires.
- L/Certified Warranty – Up to 6 years/unlimited miles for L/Certified pre-owned Lexus models. Covers the repair or replacement of components that fail under normal use due to a defect in materials or workmanship, such as: engine, transmission, steering, brakes (excluding rotors and pads), fuel system, cooling, A/C and heating systems, electrical, and restraint systems. In addition, Lake Worth L/Certified Lexus drivers receive perks such as roadside assistance, trip interruption service, and more.
Explore Lexus Manufacturer Warranty Options at Lexus of Palm Beach!
Many Palm Beach Gardens drivers ask us: how long is a Lexus warranty going to cover my vehicle? If you’re unsure about the terms of your current coverage, contact us to speak with an expert so we can make sure you have exactly the coverage you need. Be sure to check out service specials, where you’ll get quality repairs from certified Lexus technicians.
Auto Service Coupons in Palm Beach
We are currently updating our Specials. Please check back soon.